Periodontal Gum Disease
Request your appointment today
Periodontal disease, or more commonly referred to as Gum disease affects over 75% of adults and contributes to more tooth loss than decay. Caused by the buildup of plaque bacteria that attack the gums, supporting tissues and eventually leads to bone loss.
- Periodontal disease may display warning signs such as:
- Gums that are red, swollen, tender or bleed easily
- Gums that have pulled away from teeth
- Persistent bad breath or bad taste
- Changes in tooth position, looseness, separation or mismatch
Factors that contribute to gum disease include tobacco use, poor oral hygiene, family history, crooked teeth, pregnancy, diabetes, and certain medications. The good news is that when detected in earlier stages, gum disease can be treated and even reversed preventing long-term damage.
Request your appointment today!
At Hebron Family Dentistry, we make it convenient to plan your visit. Simply follow the link to request an appointment time that fits your busy schedule.