Regular dental cleanings are essential for maintaining good dental health and a confident smile. Our team at Hebron Family Dentistry is committed to partnering with you on your oral health journey and strives to help you maintain your most radiant smile. Here’s all you need to know about dental cleanings and what you can expect during your visit.
How Often Should You Have Your Teeth Cleaned?
Most dental professionals agree that patients with healthy teeth and gums require twice-yearly dental visits. However, individuals with gum disease or other dental problems may require more frequent dental care.
Keeping up with your routine dental cleanings has been shown to significantly lower the risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and bad breath. Your visits also offer an opportunity for our team at Hebron Family Dentistry to evaluate your oral health and treat any dental problems as they develop, preventing them from becoming serious problems down the road.
What Is the Dental Cleaning Process at Hebron Family Dentistry?
Here’s a look at what you can expect during your dental cleaning:
- Comprehensive Oral Examination: Before we start the dental cleaning process, we will conduct a thorough examination of your mouth. We will check for any signs of tooth decay, gum disease, or other oral health issues. We may take digital x-rays for a more detailed view of your teeth and jawbone.
- Plaque and Tartar Removal: We will start the dental cleaning process by gently scraping away plaque and tartar buildup on your teeth using special instruments. Next, professional flossing will remove any remaining plaque or debris between your teeth.
- Thorough Teeth Polishing: We will clean your teeth with a high-powered electric brush and a gritty toothpaste. That ensures the removal of any remaining debris and buffs away surface stains, leaving your teeth whiter and brighter.
- Fluoride Treatment: After cleaning your teeth, we may recommend a fluoride treatment to lower your risk of tooth decay. The powerful cavity fighter has also been shown to reverse the early signs of tooth decay by remineralizing your teeth.
- Oral Health Education: We are happy to discuss proper oral hygiene techniques tailored to your specific needs. We may demonstrate proper brushing and flossing practices and may recommend oral care products to enhance your smile.
Dental Cleanings Near Me in Hebron, KY
A dental cleaning is an essential preventive procedure that promotes good oral health and keeps you from developing serious dental issues down the road. Our team at Hebron Family Dentistry looks forward to helping you maintain a bright, healthy smile. We invite you to contact us at 859-688-2021 or schedule an appointment online today.