Request your appointment today
What to Know About Teeth Whitening Services
Smoking and drinking certain beverages such as coffee can make your teeth turn yellow. Food coloring found in sweets, desserts, and cakes can also change the color of your teeth. If the color of your teeth has already changed, you may want to consider teeth whitening services. At Hebron Family Dentistry, Dr. Valerie Watson offers these services.
What Are Teeth Whitening Services?
Tooth whitening involves using a bleaching agent to make teeth look whiter. It is a dental procedure that helps remove the stains on a tooth's surface.
When you request Dr. Valerie Watson to whiten your teeth, she will first carry out a dental exam. The dental exam will help her know if you are suffering from gum disease or if your teeth are sensitive. If you are not suffering from any of these conditions, she will go ahead and start whitening your teeth using the procedure below:
- Dr. Watson will start the procedure by placing a rubber or plastic guard in your mouth. Doing this will help ensure that your mouth remains open throughout the teeth whitening process.
- She will then apply a protective gel to your gums. This gel will help ensure that your gums don't get damaged by the solutions she will use to whiten your teeth.
- After doing this, Dr. Watson will apply a whitening solution to the teeth that have lost their color. The solution that she will use contains hydrogen peroxide. Since this compound is a bleaching agent, it will help remove intrinsic and extrinsic stains from your teeth.
- She will then use a laser to heat this whitening agent. The laser will make the whitening agent work faster. When using the laser, the whitening agent on your teeth will foam while removing stains from the teeth.
- Dr. Watson will leave the whitening agent on your teeth for at least an hour and then remove it using a small vacuum. If the desired shade is not achieved, she will repeat the procedure until your teeth get the desired color.
- When your teeth get the desired color, Dr. Watson will rinse your mouth to remove the teeth bleaching agent. She will also remove the protective gel on your gums.
Teeth Whitening for Good Looking Teeth
A tooth whitening procedure can help improve the appearance of your teeth. After Dr. Watson performs this procedure, you're sure to notice a brighter smile. You'll feel more confident, and you may even start smiling more.
Teeth Whitening Near Me
If you are looking for tooth whitening services in Florence, KY, look no further. In addition to her whitening services, Dr. Valerie Watson is experienced in correcting several aesthetic imperfections, such as aligning misaligned teeth. Contact us at Hebron Family Dentistry to set up an appointment with Dr. Watson.
Request your appointment today!
At Hebron Family Dentistry, we make it convenient to plan your visit. Simply follow the link to request an appointment time that fits your busy schedule.